16 hours per week, Monday to Thurs
Salary for 16 hours is £8,741, full time equivalent salary £19,669
28 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Free car parking on site
Action for Carers (Surrey) are looking for a precise and committed administrator with excellent organisational skills to join our busy, friendly office in Burpham on the outskirts of Guildford.
In this rewarding role, your main focus will be to arrange transport, mainly taxis, for children and young people in order for them to attend events and activities run by our Surrey Young Carers service. Based within our friendly admin office, you will also assist with administrative duties, including updating our database.
As a key member of the Administration team, you will:
• Plan and make taxi and transport bookings for Surrey Young Carer events and activities.
• Identify transport requests for events countywide through use of our database and speaking with the team.
• Update the database with transport details as appropriate.
• Respond to cancellations and changes to requirements up to and on the day of the event.
• Liaise as appropriate with staff, taxi companies and families.
• Assist with other admin duties including data entry, correspondence and responding to telephone calls.
• Have an excellent attention to detail and be highly accurate with your written work.
• Be IT literate and have proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Be comfortable with database software and be able to accurately input information.
• Be a good, clear communicator with a clear and friendly telephone manner.
• Have excellent planning skills and a calm approach to your work.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult carers across Surrey.
For more information, and to apply, visit our website https://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/about/jobs/