The Surrey Compact represents a commitment to continually improve relationships between public organisations, the voluntary and community and faith sector, and organisations representing service users and carers. It is an agreement that changes how partners behave, engage and work together at all levels.
It helps us to provide better services to the people of Surrey by:
- Make sure we are open and respectful in how we work together
- Understand each other, build trust and foster openness
- Involve the right people and appreciate that voluntary action is an essential component to a democratic society
- Share information and best practice between partners
- Give an equal voice to all
- Simplify and improve processes, including funding
- Prevent and resolve disputes
The Surrey Compact is one of the local Compacts which underpin partnership work in England, operating alongside the National Compact.
About the Compact
Details of the Surrey Compact can be found in the Surrey Compact, and it has six Codes of Practice. These Codes of Practice help bring the Compact principles to life and help us integrate it into our day-to-day work. You can find the codes in the Resources Library under Surrey Compact or click on the drop down menu below.