We were delighted to join Staines Helping Hands to celebrate their official launch last month. Staines Helping Hands is a local charitable organisation set up by volunteers for the help and benefit of those living in the TW18 Staines-upon-Thames area. They provide help with:
- Essential transport to and from the hospital, clinics, and health centres
- Collection of clients’ prescriptions
- Accompanying clients with shopping and medical appointments
- Visiting elderly, disabled, or housebound clients for a chat or a cuppa
- Assistance with letter writing and form-filling
- Anything a good neighbour would do.
Our Good neighbours Scheme Adviser, Vicki Turton has helped the group to get off the ground with plenty of expert advice and support. If you would like to set up a scheme in Surrey, get in touch!