Setting up a CIO
Have you formed a new group that you want to register as a charity?
Do you want to convert an existing charity into a new Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)?
Do you want to explore whether your charity’s trustees are protected from personal liability?
Do you want to modernise your Constitution?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘Yes’, then sign up for our FREE training on Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIO) and find out what is right for you.
The training is ideal for trustees, small charities and local campaigners who want to seek a modern and secure way to operate their charity.
If you are a trustee of a Community Building, a Voluntary Car Scheme, or another grassroots charitable or campaign group, come along a explore how to become a CIO.
The training will cover:
What is a CIO?
Is a CIO right for us?
CIO Structures and Options
Pros and Cons of CIOs
Step by Step of how to do it
The training will be led by Surrey Community Action’s Jason Gaskell (CEO) or Nick Bragger (Head of Communities and Development).
The training is free to Surrey-based groups, thanks to funding from the National Lottery Communities Fund
Training is also available on:
• 29th April 19 – 1.30pm – 4.30pm – Reigate Baptist Church, Sycamore Walk, Reigate, RH2 7LR
• 13th May 19 – 1.30pm – 4.30pm –Parish Hall, St Paul’s Church, Egham Hythe, Staines, TW18 3HJ
• 22nd June 19 – 9.30am – 12.30pm – Astolat, Coniers Way, Guildford GU4 7JY
• 16th July 19 – 9.30am – 12.30pm – Redhill Methodist Church Gloucester Road, Redhill RH1 1BP
• 30th July 19 – 9.30am – 12.30pm – Astolat, Coniers Way, Guildford GU4 7JY
Click here to book for training at Astolat
Click here to book for training at Staines
Click here to book for training at Reigate
Click here to book for training at Redhill
For further information please contact us – email email@example.com or call 01483 566072.