Service Development Manager
Location: East Court, College Lane, East Grinstead, RH19 3LT OR remote OR hybrid
Hours: 18 hours per week, to include a Monday and Tuesday.
Salary: Salary: £30,000 pa (pro-rata) (salary under review), based on a 35-hour week
Annual Annual Leave: 25 days + public holidays (pro-rata)
Responsible to: Charity Director
Jigsaw (South East) is a local child bereavement charity, covering Surrey, Mid Sussex and surrounding areas. We offer advice and support services to children and young people in the lead up to and after the death of a loved one. Our vision is that children and young people will not be alone in their bereavement journey.
We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic leader who will lead a range of services that support bereaved children and young people and those facing the death of a loved one. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong operational experience, to develop the strategic direction of our charity, working alongside the senior leadership team to embed a strong vision for the future of the service. Our services include pre and post bereavement support and our training programme.
Applicants need to demonstrate experience of managing services, a clear understanding of excellence in child bereavement support services and a passion for partnership working.
Main Aim of Post: The Service Development Manager will be a valued member of the Senior Leadership Team and will contribute towards the strategic growth and development and operational management of the services within the organisation.
- To ensure strategic development of services across the charity, exploring new and innovative ways to meet the changing needs of children and young people resulting from the COVID 19 pandemic.
- To ensure robust delivery of services across the charity, with specific focus on our pre and post bereavement services and training programme.
- To represent the charity externally as the leading child bereavement service in our local area.
- To be a key part of the charity’s leadership team delivering the vision of the charity and exploring new areas for growth.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that services delivered to children and young people meet their needs and are delivered in line with all legislation and in line with best practice.
- To manage our safeguarding protocols and policies and ensure compliance to protect the children and young people we support.
- To ensure evaluation of the service and implementation of learning.
- To ensure service user engagement in the development and evaluation of the services
- To manage policy, protocol & service development.
- To ensure leadership and management of direct reports, including recruitment, appraisal, CPD.
- To contribute to the budget setting process, delivering the agreed service within the set budget and grant requirements, whilst making best use of resources.
- To manage recruitment and training of Jigsaw support team staff and volunteers, to ensure our team have the skills required to need the needs of children and young people.
- To manage placements and research projects with universities.
- To manage the content and delivery of the JSE training programme to enhance the support children and young people get from their existing support network.
- To ensure reports to Trustees and Commissioners of Services are provided as requested.
- To provide timely output and impact information on the service to enable reporting back to the funders as agreed with the Business Development team, including an annual Impact Report.
As Service Development Manager, you will have an advanced qualification and/or training in a relevant discipline i.e. Healthcare/Social Work/Psychology/Counselling or youth community work.
You will have experience of:
- Services design, development and management
- Line-managing staff
- Managing and developing monitoring and reporting systems
- Project management, including experience in managing a project from conception to evaluation
You will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of bereavement on children and young people
- Knowledge of commissioning and funding within the voluntary sector
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Access to free Employee Assistance programme
- Flexible working
- Flexible annual leave – can be taken by the hour
- Family-friendly environment
- Free parking at East Grinstead office
Jigsaw South East is committed to promoting equality and diversity and a culture that actively values difference and recognises that a diverse workforce contributes to our aim of making our services inclusive and accessible to people from all sections of the community.
Jigsaw South East works with children and young people and we are committed to their safety and welfare. The successful applicant will be required to complete a satisfactory DBS check and comply with our Safeguarding policy and our Fundraising Code of Practice. The role will also be subject to satisfactory references.
To apply please visit our website https://www.jigsawsoutheast.org.uk/vacancies For further information about the role or an application form, please contact Sarah Dodson, Service Coordinator on 01342 313895 or via email to email@example.com
Closing date: 8th July 2022
Interviews will be on 18th July 2022