Senior Young Carers Support Coordinator
36 hours per week
About the Role
You will manage a team of five remote working staff, who are passionate about supporting young carers and giving them the best possible outcomes.
We are looking for a confident leader with a proven employment history of working with vulnerable children and young people.
In return, we offer a generous holiday entitlement, a flexible approach to work and the opportunity to make a difference.
• Carry out line management responsibilities, including supervision, managing leave requests, probation and performance reviews and monitoring timesheets.
• Provide advice and guidance to the South West (SW) Surrey Young Carers (SYC) team about their caseload and the running of groups and events
• Deliver and evaluate issue based workshops for young carers in SW Surrey.
• Develop and deliver training, briefings and presentations to SYC staff team, health and social care professionals and postgraduate student
• Ensure all activities within SW Surrey meet current legislative requirements, good practice and are line with organisational policies and procedures.
• You will have experience and understanding of working with carers, children, young people and families e.g. in social work/ health/ education/ youth service/ voluntary sector / individual or group settings
• You will have a systematic approach to your work, particularly with monitoring, recording and managing outcomes for staff and young carers
• You will be a confident leader, and have the management skills to effectively head a team.
• You will have a clear and confident communication style, and be able to engage effectively and inspire professionals, young carers and your own team
• You will have experience of planning, facilitating, budgeting and evaluating issue based case work and activities / workshops
• You will have had a proven work history in managing safeguarding concerns and have a good understanding of data protection legislation.
Events and activities for Young Carers are held during evenings, weekends and the school holiday period. You must be available to attend some of these events, which are planned in advance. You must also be able to occasionally participate in an evening and weekend ‘on call’ duty rota for which a separate allowance is paid. The purpose of the duty rota is to support staff who are working with young carers out of core office hours. You will not be receiving calls directly from Young Carers and their families out of core office hours.
The post is primarily home based and will require travel around the Surrey area. You must have a full driving licence and use of a vehicle, mileage is paid.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other safer recruitment checks applicable to the role.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.
Closing date: 17th July 2019