£14,677, 18 hours per week
28 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays (pro rata)
Fixed Term, 1 year contract
About the Role
Want to make a difference? We are looking for a Young Carers Education Advisor to advocate and promote young carers rights in Education settings.
The successful candidate will be working 18 hours a week which will include home working and working with schools and in the community within the Mole Valley, Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead areas.
• To have an on-going presence in Educational Establishments
• To arrange presentations, drop-in, groups and assemblies either by zoom or face-to-face
• Make regular contact with Surrey Educational consortiums (schools/ colleges/ Governors)
• To coordinate and deliver teacher training, Governor training and PSHE lessons
• To promote YC rights, relevant YC and SYC resources
• Encourage and facilitate the establishment of young carer groups in schools.
• In these uncertain times, to be able and willing to support other team members with their duties, including attending youth events and groups and carryout one-to-one work with young carers.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Experience of working with children, young people and families. e.g. in social work /health /education /youth service /voluntary sector settings
• An understanding of issues surrounding Carers rights
• Ideally will have experience of working in schools or other youth education setting
• Ideally will have experience of delivering presentations and training to children and professionals
• Have confidence to to communicate with groups of young people and professionals over video conferencing software such as zoom.
• Be computer literate, proficient in outlook, word and excel and experienced in recording information in a database
• Be flexible in your approach to work, during these uncertain times
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to carers of all ages across Surrey.
The successful applicants will be DBS checked to an Enhanced level and the organisation will complete other ‘safer recruitment’ checks appropriate to the role
How to apply
Visit our website: https://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/jobs/education-advisor/
Closing Date for applications: 30 October 2020