21 hours per week over 3 or 4 days
FTE £28,000-£30,000, this equates to £16,333-£17,500 for the 21 hour per week contract
28 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays (pro rata)
About the Role
In this newly created role, you will provide database analysis, support, training, and written guidance to our service managers and 80 staff.
In return we offer a friendly, supportive workplace, a generous holiday entitlement and the opportunity to make a difference within the community that you live in.
• Make recommendations on improvements to the database and work with our database developer on agreed changes required. The database is a SQL database with an access front end.
• Conduct data interrogation.
• Complete reports, analysis and statistics using the database.
• Problem solve and retrain staff where appropriate to ensure correct data entry processes are used.
• Assist with setting up new databases requirements, for example fundraising.
• Assist with running audits of data to ensure integrity and accuracy, e.g. identifying and resolving duplicate records, compliance with data legislation.
• Be first point of contact for staff with database queries.
• Carry out Database induction training to new starters.
• Create written guidance notes for staff.
• You will have a proven work history of working with databases and in particular experience of Access and/or SQL.
• You must enjoy working with data, analysing information and problem solving.
• You will look for solutions which allows our mobile workforce to work effectively whether they are in the office, at another base or with our clients.
• You must have excellent organisation and communications skills whilst you handle variety of technical queries in a busy office environment.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications: 10 April 2019