£14,214, 18 hours per week
28 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays (pro rata)
Fixed Term, 1 year contract
About the Role
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Surrey Young Carers. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work on their own initiative to coordinate drop in sessions and fun events. Through assessing individual needs you will tailor the activities to provide time out and opportunities for young carers to meet others in similar situations.
The successful candidate will be working 18 hours a week which will include home working and working with in the community within the Mole Valley, Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead areas.
• To manage a case load of young carers and family/professional enquires.
• Complete 1-2-1 initial assessments and on-going reviews with young carers
• Provide regular young carer club sessions
• To organise junior and senior fun events
• To offer time out and fun activities for young carers from 5 to 18 years old
• In these uncertain times, to be able and willing to support other team members with their duties, including attending youth events and groups and carryout one-to-one work with young carers
• To be confident and willing to communicate with groups of young people and professionals over video conferencing software such as zoom.
• Be experienced in working with children, young people and families. e.g. in social work / health /education /youth service /voluntary sector settings
• Have a flexible approach to working hours, as some weekend and evening work is required
• Have an organised approach to work and managing a case load
• Be able to form good working relationships with young people and their families
• Be computer literate, proficient in outlook, word and excel and experienced in recording information in database.
• Be flexible in your approach to work, during these uncertain times
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to carers of all ages across Surrey.
The successful applicants will be DBS checked to an Enhanced level and the organisation will complete other ‘safer recruitment’ checks appropriate to the role.
How to apply
Visit our website: https://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/jobs/children-and-young-person-coordinator/
Closing Date for applications: 30 October 2020