Carers Support Advisors
£24,968, 36 hours per week, 2 posts available
28 days holiday + bank holidays
About the Role
We are looking to grow the number of support groups, events and workshops we run for unpaid Carers within Surrey and to this end we have two vacancies for Carers Support Advisors to join the Action for Carers team.
In this exciting new role, you will plan, organise and facilitate carer well-being and training events across Surrey. You will also manage a small caseload of carers, assisting them with matters such as benefits advice.
• You will plan and book carer wellbeing workshops and training events across your designated area of Surrey. This includes:
o finding and booking venues and arranging speakers
o advertising the event / workshops
o managing attendance
o facilitating the event / workshop on the day
• You will provide signposting and advocacy services for carers on a one-to-one basis and in a group setting
• You will provide information and/or advice, guidance, signposting and advocacy to carers around Care Act rights, learning & work, wellbeing and benefits, and enable carers to meet other carers
• You will be a confident communicator and be able to run training and information sessions to groups
• You will be highly organised with an excellent eye for detail
• You will be able produce high quality written communications
• You will either have had experience of working with and advocating for adults and families or a proven work history in events / training management
• You must have a current driving licence, use of a roadworthy vehicle and be willing to drive within Surrey
This role involves some home working, working within community buildings and also supporting carers in their own home. You must have a flexible approach to your work and also be able to work occasionally at planned events or workshops scheduled for evenings or weekends.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ We are a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult carers across Surrey.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For details on how to apply, our job description and people specification, visit the Action for Carers Surrey website: https://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/about/jobs/
Closing Date for applications: 30 April 2019