Carers Information Centre Manager
Mon-Fri, 9.00am to 5.00pm, 28 days holiday + bank holidays
Burpham near Guildford, free parking on site
About the Role
In this rewarding role, you will manage our friendly, dedicated Carers Information Centre and Administration teams. These teams provide our first line of engagement with carers and professionals across Surrey.
To succeed in this role, you will have the confidence to manage and motivate a team of 8/9 staff and the ability to evaluate our processes and systems to ensure that carers initial contact with our charity is positive and effective.
In return, we offer a generous holiday entitlement, great training opportunities and the opportunity to make a difference within a supportive, local and innovative charity.
• Monitor the Carers Information Centres output to ensure that high quality advice is given and that case notes are of a sufficient standard.
• Maintain effective processes both within the Carers Information Centre and admin teams.
• Carry out Line Management responsibilities including supervision, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday requests and participating in recruitment activities.
• Monitor and record area outcomes and KPI’s, provide monthly reports, case studies and recommendations. Ensure client files are up to date and tiered correctly.
• Advice the teams on technical, process, carer related and safeguarding matters.
• You will have the confidence and experience to manage a large team.
• You will have experience working within a helpline, telephone contact centre or similar setting.
• You will have a systematic approach and be process driven, particularly with monitoring, recording and managing outcomes for staff and carers.
• You will have a clear and confident communication style, and be able to engage effectively with your own team, colleagues, professionals and carers.
• You will have experience of working with vulnerable adults, carers and/or families e.g. in social work / health / education or voluntary sector.
• You will have a good understanding of safeguarding, benefits, carers rights and the issues facing carers, and you will be able to advice your team appropriately on such matters.
The post is based at our offices in Burpham, Guildford. The core hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, however, there are occasions where you are required to cover the extended hours service which operates until 6.00pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
On occasion, you will be required to attend meetings and events across Surrey and therefore it is desirable that you will have a current driving licence and access to own transportation.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.
For more information, or to apply, visit our website: https://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/about/jobs/