Carers Information Advisor
£23,336, 28 days holidays + bank holidays
Mon-Fri, 36 hours per week,
Burpham – free car park on site
About the Role
Action for Carers (Surrey) are looking for a committed Carers Information Advisor to join our friendly team in Burpham. In this key role, you will be the first line of engagement with carers and professionals across Surrey.
The core hours for this service are Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, with extended hours between 5.00 pm and 6.00 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesday. The successful candidate will be required work until 6.00 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. However, there is some flexibility within the core hours with regards to start and finish times for the remaining days of the working week.
• Complete initial telephone assessments and reviews with carers.
• Triage referrals.
• Respond to initial enquires by providing information and signposting to professionals and organisations in the area.
• Support and maintain on-going contact and relationships with carers and professionals.
• Promote and book carers on internal and external groups, information events, training and digital offers.
• Maintain and update database records including case notes and requirements in relation to the support and signposting that is offered to carers.
• Research local support available to carers and update Surrey Information Point and carers’ support teams.
You must have:
• Experience of working with vulnerable adults, carers and/or families e.g. in social work, health, education, youth services or the voluntary sector.
• Experience of monitoring and recording outcomes for clients.
• Good telephone communication skills – able to use questioning techniques to identify the known and hidden needs of carers.
• Awareness and understanding of the issues facing carers.
• Knowledge of legislation relevant to carers and disabled people.
• IT literate and have proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult carers across Surrey
How to apply
Please visit our website: https://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/about/jobs/
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2019