Job title: Carer Support Worker
Responsible to: Carer Support Worker Team Leader
Location: All areas in Surrey
Hours: Permanent Contracted Hours – minimum 20 hrs per week, up to 35 hours per week.
Salary: Weekdays: £10.50 – £10.80 per hour
Weekends: £12.50 – £12.80 per hour
Mileage Rate: 35p per business mile
Main aims of the post:
• Provide support to carers and people with care needs including emotional support.
• Provide personal care.
• Carry out domestic tasks.
• Assist with personal hygiene, for example helping the person with care needs to have a bath or shower, to go to the toilet or to care for their skin or hair.
• Assist with dressing / undressing, choice of clothes and personal appearance.
• Support the person with care needs with their medication.
• Assist with mobility including use of wheelchairs, hoists etc.
• Assist with a therapeutic programme designed by a medical professional.
• Assist with some specialised tasks according to training and experience.
• Provide emotional support, companionship, and a safe environment for those in need of supervision and help.
• Carry out basic first aid and summon emergency services.
• Report any concerns about abuse or the welfare or safety of any adult or child to a line manager / nominated person / person on call.
• Support the person with care needs with activities outside their home, for example community activities, shopping or attending medical appointments.
• Provide support with organised group activities for people with care needs.
• Prepare meals and drinks and provide assistance with eating / drinking.
• Help clean the home for example: washing up, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry.
• Look after pets.
Health and safety:
• Implement, operate, and maintain safe systems of work in accordance with Crossroads Care policies, procedures and guidance, training, and associated risk assessments.
• Report to your manager any situations or issues for concern relating to significant foreseeable risks, incidents (including near misses) and / or accidents which give cause for concern in relation to safe systems of work (affecting your own health and safety or that of others affected by your work activities).
• To be committed to promoting safe working practices, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children.
• Work always within the philosophy and policies of Crossroads Care.
• Comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and with Crossroads Care policy, paying particular attention to the reporting of dangerous situations.
• Respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs, ensuring that Equal Opportunity principles are applied at all times.
• Comply with the Code of Conduct.
• Undertake any other duties that may be considered commensurate with the level of the post and that are set out in the care plan.
• To promote Crossroads services and options of support.
For further information please visit https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/surreycrossroads/