From effective volunteer recruitment to a platform for groups to share their experiences of health and social care, Surrey Community Action can run a campaign on your behalf. With marketing, event, networking and facilitation and research expertise we can help you to widen your reach and get results. Surrey County Council commissioned Surrey Community Action to run Drive into Action, a volunteer recruitment campaign in 2015/16. The first phase in the summer of 2015 resulted in:
- 20 events including stands at supermarkets, County shows & carnivals – approx. 2000 contacts
- Social media and press releases in magazines/local newspapers
- 134 people were referred to their local scheme
- 63 volunteer drivers were recruited with 41 schemes benefiting
- 47% conversion rate from referral to recruitment
Drive into Action
Each year Surrey’s voluntary car schemes help thousands of elderly and vulnerable people across the county to access hospital appointments, collect prescriptions and to enjoy social events.
Each one is run by local volunteers for the benefit of their communities, by providing lifts for those who may not have easy access to transport.
As the population ages, and as cuts impact on local transport services and result in the centralisation of health services, demand for the service provided by voluntary car schemes is increasing year on year but the number of volunteer drivers is falling in Surrey…
Find out more >