Do you know anyone:
Who may be struggling to understand their gas and electric bills?
Who will be worried about turning on their heating this winter because they just can’t afford it?
Who live in draughty or hard to heat homes?
We provide support and practical advice to help you stay warm, stay healthy and save money.
Email: email@example.com or call 07521 503 696 for more information.
Click here for our top energy saving tips.
New funding for our Warmth Matters Project!
Thanks to funding from UK Power Networks we are increasing the scope of our Warmth Matters project in the east of of the county. We will be working with partners to provide advice and information to help low-income households to help them to save energy, save money and access services they need.
This new funding will enable us to:
- Provide advice sessions to households struggling with their energy bills
- Launch four new energy clubs across the county
- Attend fuel poverty and community events
- Share resources to households in need of extra support
We will be helping with things like:
- Explaining supplier and tariff options, including time of use awareness
- Priority Service Register awareness and registration
- The Warm Home Discount Scheme
- Energy debts
- Ways to keep bills down and save money
- Support sessions for charities and community groups
Where can you find us?
Over the next 12 months our Warmth Matters Advisers, David and Caroline, will be at various locations across Surrey, including:
- Mole Valley Employment and Skills Hub, Hight Street, Leatherhead KT22 8AH
Every fortnight from Weds 4 May 11.00am – 2.30pm
- Redhill Job Centre
11th May – 1.00pm – 3.00pm
- The Market, High Street, Dorking 20 May – 10.00am – 2.30pm
- Fieldway Community Pavillion, Haslemere
Last Thursday of the month – 11.00am – 1.00pm
- Guildford Community Learning Centre, 109 Southway, Guildford GU2 8QN
Every Thursday – 10am – 2pm by appointment only (contact David Carter)
- Zero Carbon Guildford – opposite the Friary Centre, GU1 4EH
2nd and 4th Tuesday on the month – 11.00am – 1.00pm
We’re also at Dorking Foodbank, The Christian Centre, Dorking RH4 1DW,
every Tuesday and Thursday during Foodbank opening hours.
Support is also available by phone and email.
For more information and how to make a referral to our Warmth Matters Project please email Davidcarter@surreyca.org.uk
UK Power Networks own and maintain the electricity network across London, the South East and the East of England. For more information about UK Power Networks and the work they do please visit https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk
Energy Saving and Fuel Vouchers Scheme in Guildford
Are you worried about rising energy prices and paying your gas and electricity bills this winter?
Do you have a pre-payment gas or electricity meter and struggling to top up?
If you live in the Guildford Borough Council area you may qualify for fuel vouchers if you use a pre-payment meter. Contact the Community Wellbeing Team on 01483 444 150 for more information about the scheme. If eligible, you will be referred to us for a fuel voucher and further support.
Fuel voucher update
We’re currently only able to offer this to residents of Guildford Borough but are hoping to expand this to other areas. Please check this page for updates.
More energy saving advice and support can also be found by contacting:
National Energy Action’s Warm & Safe Homes Service on 0800 304 7159
Impartial advice for Surrey residents can be found by contacting Action Surrey on 0800 783 2503 or by visiting www.actionsurrey.org
You can also get impartial and independent advice by visiting
Information is also available from The Centre for Sustainable Energy via their website www.cse.org.uk
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07521 506 696