Helping you to help others
We are a countywide independent charity which supports voluntary and not-for-profit groups with advice and services to help them to operate more effectively. We also run a range of projects to give local communities a helping hand.
We offer back office support to voluntary and not-for-profit groups including:
- Payroll services
- DBS checks for voluntary organisations
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Community led planning
- Community buildings advice
- Voluntary car and good neighbour schemes advice
- Research and signposting
We also co-ordinate or support a range of projects including:
- Short-term floating support for the Gypsy and Traveller Community
- Rural housing enabling to support affordable housing
- Advice for community building managers
- Information and guidance for people who are not in paid employment to help them to become self-employed or create a social enterprise
Surrey Community Action also works to influence the actions of local government, funding bodies, businesses, health and well-being providers and a wide range of other partners. We are both a Rural Community Council and a Council for Voluntary Services.
Download our annual review
Our vision is to become a strategic leader in the Voluntary, Community and Faith sector by:
- Being an expert on the sector with shared information that enhances VCFS understanding and allows us to influence the future agenda
- Enabling and providing relevant services to the VCFS
- Running specific projects, often in partnership with others, and piloting and testing new approaches
We are a registered charity (1056527) and company limited by guarantee (03203003).