Young Carers Education Advisor
Spelthorne, Elmbridge, Epsom & Ewell
£13,969.21 for 18 hours per week contract
Want to make a difference? We are looking for a Young Carers Education Advisor to advocate and promote young carers rights in Education settings.
The successful candidate will be working 18 hours a week which will include one fixed day (Thursday) at our offices in Burpham and the remaining hours from home or a local venue.
• To have an on-going presence in Educational Establishments
• To arrange presentations, drop-in, groups and assemblies
• Make regular contact with Surrey Educational consortiums (schools/ colleges/ Governors)
• To coordinate and deliver teacher training, Governor training and PSHE lessons
• To promote YC rights, relevant YC and SYC resources
• Encourage and facilitate the establishment of young carer groups in schools and monitor for continuity on a monthly basis in order to step back in as required
We are looking for candidates with:
• Experience of working with children, young people and families. e.g. in social work /health /education /youth service /voluntary sector settings
• An understanding of issues surrounding Carers rights
• Ideally will have experience of working in schools or other youth education setting
• Ideally will have experience of delivering presentations and training to children and professionals
The successful applicants will be DBS checked to an Enhanced level.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.